RADFORD – A recent spate of vehicle break-ins in Radford in the area of Wadsworth Street, Heather Glen Drive, and the surrounding neighborhood has the Radford City Police Department urging residents to take precautions to avoid being the next victim.
“Lock it Up, Take your Keys, Don’t Leave it Running,” the police department urged. “Theft from motor vehicles is crimes of opportunity, and we want to remind our community of the following prevention and safety measures that can be taken to prevent theft.”
To prevent items from being stolen from your car:
– Always lock your vehicle.
– Park in a well-lit area.
– Close all windows and sunroof.
– Remove or secure all valuables. Don’t leave them in plain view.
– Never leave your vehicle running unattended.
– Even during brief stops, shut the car off and lock it.
– Don’t leave spare keys in or around your vehicle.
Call the Radford City Police Department at 540-731-3624 to report any suspicious activity or persons who may be checking car door handles, breaking into vehicles, or attempting to steal a car. As always, call 911 in case of an emergency.
Radford News Journal staff report