Taken about 1905, this rare glass plate negative is an image of the first two principals of the Christiansburg Institute with their families. Standing at left is Charles L. Marshall (1867-1906) with his wife Nellie (seated, left), daughter Vera, and unidentified infant. Seated at right is Dr. Edgar A. Long (1871-1924) holding his daughter Audrey Long with his wife Anna Patterson Long (1878-1944, seated right) holding Nerissa Long, Edgar A. Long, Jr. (standing) and Gertrude Long (seated between her parents). The photograph is attributed to amateur photographer Dr. D. D. Lester whose work is part of the new Image of the Past exhibit at the museum. Photo from the D. D. Lester Collection. This image and many more are available from the Montgomery Museum & Lewis Miller Regional Art Center.