Back in time

This 1956 view shows the Roses department store building on West Main Street in Christiansburg. It was built in 1955 to replace an earlier structure that was destroyed by fire. The Thompson-Hagan Drug building is to the right. (This photo is from the D. D. Lester Collection). This image and many more are available from the Montgomery Museum & Lewis Miller Regional Art Center.

more recommended stories